Superhuman
Remember not to vote for yourself :)
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/03/2007 11:03 pm
I voted for Maestro Shaz - just listened to all of the takesand Shaz did it for me. Everyone else did a damn fine job too - great to see the all the completely different ideas and scales over the same track. Liked the fact that everyone broke out a lot from the normal shapes and patterns!

Seazer: the intro didn't do it for me but man you certainly picked up in a major way when the solo came in! Cool guitar followed by a real old school tone structured set of phrases - loved the way the you kept things relatively simple and let the backing change the feel of the riff - great bluesy Kirk Hammet shred style solo too. Very impressive throughout but from 1.10 to right through to 2.05 is pure genius IMO, especially at the 1.50 mark. So memorable and followed by a great piece of lead. Great job all round.

Equator: Serious improvement in tone and none of those intonation problems from before. nice experiments with panning and slides, most impressive were the arpeggios, also liked the way the solo evolved in the mid section. Would have liked a little bit of delay and possibly a tad of reverb on the lead but other than that it was crystal clear - you've improved a lot over the past few months, very clear playing with no rushed mistakes or bum notes. Good job.

Maestro Shaz: I've always said it, you are one of my favourite guitarists here and a worldclass musician. Loved every aspect of your take, from the tone to the technique to the note selection. 100% accurate, legatto was the clincher for this track for me, so precise and accurate. Also loved the sweep section in the mid section. The ending was incredible, the two guitars together and the structure behind the phrasing wins my vote.

Spedzar: Man, I really loved your take on the BT straight from the opening notes, I agree with Shaz re improving the tone through some post recording treatment. My only crits on this track is the production (then again, plug in the axe and start shredding is what hear, which is damn cool too!). That aside, the opening phrase has been rattling around my head since I first heard it - hard not to let it influence my own take. Nice wah work work on the mid selection, some very fast monster swept arpeggios, I got exactly what you were going for - liked the frenetic feel to it. Some really cool ad lib licks too - the harmonised parts were sweet - very cool and ended the piece perfectly. A very close second to Shaz.
# 2
dvenetian
dvenetian
12/04/2007 2:56 am
A Lot of good stuff, but Superhuman just killed it....... Nice work Superhuman.
# 3
Sasuke199
Sasuke199
12/04/2007 3:31 am
Superhuman gets my vote because that solo was pure awesome. I din't like the feel of the others almost flamenco take on the BT. I liked the shredders take on it. That solo was very fun to listen to.
# 4
Spedzar
Spedzar
12/04/2007 9:42 am
My vote to Maestro Shaz for November. Clearly the standout this time. I agree with everything Superhuman says about all of us above but also let's not forget his amazing BT and that great intro-outro passage. Well done to everyone though!
Spedzar - "the sound of one hand tapping"...
# 5
seazer
seazer
12/04/2007 11:57 pm
Supa gets my vote.In the end shaz's was at the hard rock end of scale, supa's was shredding, just suited BT a bit better.All where great.
# 6
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
12/05/2007 2:04 pm
I go for Superhuman.

Unforgetable themes did it for me...

And honestly, I think EVERYONE who participated did better than well...

Great stuff
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.