GT Solo Assignment: December '07

Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
11/26/2007 7:53 pm
Hi there, my name is Julian and I'm pleased to bring to you the GT Solo Assignment.

Every month at the start of the month, there is a little contest we run in the Listening Post of the Guitar Tricks forum. I'll be putting up a backing track for anyone who wants to record a solo over. Here are the steps for anyone who is interested, yet doesn't know what/how/when/why:

1. Visit the Listening Post section of the GT forum.
2. Near the top there will be a thread saying 'GT Solo Assignment [Month]'
3. Enter the thread corresponding with the current month, and in the first post will be a link to aquire the backing track for that month.
4. Download the track, then apply your lead guitar skills to it.
5. Host your track (with your solo) on the internet. Free sites include Soundclick and Purevolume
6. Post a link to your track in the Solo Assignment thread. We encourage constructive criticism so be sure to comment on other people's tracks and they'll comment on yours
7. At the end of the month, with the start of a new solo assignment, a thread will go up in which you can vote on who's solo you think is the best, and a winner will surely emerge!

Here are some simple rules for having fun (and we all know how fun rules are!):

-This is just for fun, so don't get too competitive/nasty.
-Remember to critique other members' tracks in a polite and constructive manner.
-Be sure to do your best, and try out new stuff!

Also, congratulations to seazer for winning the September GT Solo Assignment!

~Julian Vickers

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.