View post (Is there such a Site?)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
11/24/2007 1:52 am
Originally Posted by: looneytunesThanks for the lift, but consider yourself fortunate missing Vietnam. I don't consider myself being on the wrong side of forty. I would much rather be on this side of forty than to go through it all again. Of course, if we knew what we know now we wouldn't make the same mistakes. Or would we?

It would be nice not to have all the ailments. I don't mind dying at all, but I don't want to rush things. I'm sort of looking forward to it!

Oh, I realize there are some pretty good people at this site, but I think I would be happier else where.

Thanks, :)

Well, I would hate to see you go but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Yeah, I am not saddened that I missed Vietnam. But as a veteran myself, I can assure you that all you fine folks who did the time over there have my utmost respect. I served with a bunch of guys who were there and I have a basic understanding of what you all went through and what it took from you.

Salute my friend. Salute.

And I'm with you, I have no heart break with my age. I've had some pretty good times and I am certain there are a lot more ahead. When it ends, it ends and like you I am in not trying to rush things any. :)

If you do go, take care. Hope to see you around somewhere.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]