books , an idea tread

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
11/14/2007 5:00 pm
this is an idea and i am still pretty new around here but i was wondering if it was possible to start a thread and get it tacked to the top about books.

every one knows what a book is you read from left to right top to bottom, groups on letters make words, groups of words make sentences. thats the basics. but im talking about books about the greatest thing in the world GUITAR. these are books that help even the best players and can show the beginners where to get some good info. ill start.

the guitar players repair guide by dan erlewine. this book is for all those little repairs you need to do from innotation to basic setup to mods and finishing. it even has some setps for real world big name player like lucille (thats bb kings main arch top) and buddy guy. even if your an experenced play id say check this book out.

the guitar grimorie series by adam kadmon. these are not for abosoulte beginners. i am still have trouble understanding the scales and modes book but the exercise book is great. i have 2 books and two primmers from this guy (scales and modes and exercise book for books and chord subsutition and chord theory for primers)

the guitar technique encyclopedia by the national guitar workshop (i dont get it but ok). this book shows everything from barrrechords ot artifical harmonics. its not a tab book or a scale book it just show the tech of it. its a good book for getting to know how to do something, just not too good for learning when to do something.

there is mybooks i hope other will post and keep this going. the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so lets share the wealth (knowledge is power afterall).
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 1
JustinArmstrong
JustinArmstrong
11/20/2007 8:15 pm
Zen guitar is a great book. It doesn't teach you guitar per se, but it talks about the philosophy of playing. Check it out!

http://www.maui.net/~zen_gtr/shop.html
# 2
Guillaume Depie
Guillaume Depie
11/25/2007 9:29 am
You have "The Inner Game of Music", by Barry Green, that is a very interesting book.

It's not specifically about guitar, but it can help for any instrument, because it's designed to help you improve your playing, your skills and the way you make music. You gain a lot more concentration and depth in the way you make it.
# 3
Antony Reynaert
Antony Reynaert
11/26/2007 12:36 pm
'The principles of correct practise for guitar'

by Jamie Andreas

A wonderfull book about guitartechnique, this book helped me forward really quick, really fast on guitar. Its about going to the bottom of your practise.

Check it out!

If you have questions about it, feel free to contact me.

Antony
# 4
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/06/2007 6:07 am
Originally Posted by: BrokenJerathe guitar players repair guide by dan erlewine...

+1

Pumping Nylon - Scott Tennant
The most recommended guide to classical practice regimens and techniques, from beginner to advanced.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.