View post (help with improvisation/soloing)

View thread

oib111
oib111
11/10/2007 4:48 pm
Well, whenever I listen to a guitar solo in a song its really just the guitar and the drums, not the guitar and the other guitar playing the chord progression in the background. See, I can really only solo while the other persons playing otherwise it doesn't quite sound right. My method of doing so I get to the point and we mutually decide to and I just go pretty much. I listen to my friend play the chord progression and change keys when he changes chords. For example, if I'm playing my song that goes, E->B->Db->A i would change to the B scale on the A string (starting on 14th fret). Then Db would be on E string and A would start on 12th fret A string and if you went through the scales they all really pretty much stay within the E scale. With Db though don't use the 12th fret E pentatonic do the 7th fret A string scale. Anyways that works, but if you just take him off it really doesn't sound good, it doesn't flow with the song basically. Whenever I listen to bands there solos always flow with the songs. Another problem is keeping the mood of the song in my solo. Can anybody help me?