View post (GT Solo Assignment November 07)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
12/12/2007 10:42 am
Originally Posted by: maestro shazI use a Squier Stratocaster, (might I add 'By Fender' :p)

I love my strats.. they are both unique but I, naturally, like the one I bought recently. :)

Neck pickup Dimarzio single coil, bridge Dimarzio mini-humbucker, and standard Squier mid pickup, which I never really use. (I think i get that from Malmsteen) :p

I've never really thought about it lately but my preferred position now remains firmly locked into the 2nd option on the pickup switch. So I have the neck pickup and the middle pickup on. I have the neck pickup dropped down so far it is almost flush with the pick guard. The mid pickup is raised to about half the distance between the pick guard and strings. The bridge pickup that I hardly ever use these days is raised into the normal height, which is higher than the mid pickup. This gives me a dramatic change in the way the guitar sounds on each of the 5 different pickup switch settings.

I find the 2nd position that I have been using a lot lately provides the best dynamics for what I need, both in the rhythm section and especially lead. If I do change positions, I will usually still have the middle pickup active. So I'm usually in either the 2nd or 4th positon of the pickup switch.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog