View post (GT Solo Assignment November 07)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
11/22/2007 3:16 am
I don't know if it's just me or what, but to me the music seems to drown out your singing. I have trouble understanding the words in all of your songs. I went to your myspace and listened all posted. If you don't mind, I would like to comment on them. Well, I'll go ahead, because I don't think you would post them if you didn't want feed back.

Let me say that I like your voice. You do sound off key at times, but this could be just because you were practicing too much before recording, your just tried, or a number of reasons.

I will save the best for last. Just remember I am not trying to antagonize. I am only offering my opinion.

Messed Up - not much happening here. Rather dull. There was a lot of static. I don't think it was my equipment for this was the only song that had the static.

A Keen Little Boy With A Secret Shared - first the title is way too long. You should have a short title that is easily remember. "Keen Little Boy" or "A Secret Shared" would be much better. The sliding of your fingers on the strings were too oblivious. Way too loud. If I were you, I would try some different strings or string lube.

Misery Of Our Social Harmony - singing was off key a lot. Didn't care for this one at all.

Beaches - More interesting than the others, but again I couldn't make out the words. I assume the background noise was the shore line, but it sounded more like static from where I'm sitting. Way too long before the singing and then not enough. I don't think you were feeling too well when you sang this one. You appeared be somewhere else.

On the 3rd Day - Now I really liked this one. The back-up singers added so much to the song. Done very well. More pleasing to the ear. Did you enjoy doing this one more than the others? You seemed to really enjoy doing it. Again the music drowns out the lyrics. If the lyrics say what I think you were saying, I think this song with a little rewrite and polish could be a big hit. I mean, big! I assume you have it copyright. If you don't you should send it off right away to protect others from latching on to it. It only costs $65. The worst that can happen is you lose $65. If you don't have it copyright, don't say so, just do it.

Do you have the lyrics posted? I would really like to study them. This song could get you started as a performer and songwriter. I don't know what you are doing now. You may be happy where you are.

If you are not interested, that's fine.

What did you mean, "you could add some vocals in your contribution if you like". I don't understand what is going on with these projects. If I were you, I would put everything else on the back burner and concentrate on "On The 3rd Day."

Just my opinion. Did I mention that I really liked it!