View post (GT Solo Assignment November 07)

View thread

Spedzar
Spedzar
11/10/2007 8:18 am
OK, so I somehow figured out how to get this audio - no woreez Dave... I ended up recording it through my headphones back into the desk and into Logic.

So here's my effort - first cab off the rank it seems. Please don't comment on the noise. My PC and audio gear are near fluro lights an all sorts of electronic interference and yes, perhaps some of my leads are dodgy.

I enjoyed the challenge of this track... Dave you seem to have a calling with this type of music. Not something I'd probably ever find myself doing live but it's heaps of fun just the same. I was glued to the workstation for a few hours today and what have is very rough but I have resigned myself to not being too "anal" about these assignments. I take them as being an exploration of my personality as a guitarist and I'm happy doing one or two takes with the backing track to find some ideas. Obviously you could go on forever with this stuff...

So here it is. A little more "structured" than last months and with few bum notes but as I said I not going to polish this stuff too much (it would take a little too long to get everything "correct")

... Enjoy listening shred heads and I can't wait to hear everyone going off on this one:

Shredvember
Spedzar - "the sound of one hand tapping"...