View post (Is this site a scam?)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
11/07/2007 11:20 pm
Mr. Toones :) It's not the word, it's the implication that one might find offensive. A lot of people put an awful lot of hard work into this site. If the original poster truly believed this site to be a "scam" then he could have done a little research. He could have pm'd a few members to ask. There are actual lists on the internet where people post when they have been ripped off on line. If you're ever unclear about a site, go and look. To post the question just seems a little "in your face" sort of action. Offensive may be an inaccuracy. But it seems a little peevish and odd.

I liken this to someone being 'scammed" by a telephone con artist and asking him "Are you sure you're not ripping me off?" before giving out his credit card information. What is the expected result?

I like GT and have no problems telling anyone that. Again, in the end, it's up to him to make the call. But whether he thinks he can "learn" from the site or not (his actual question) is a lot different than the meaning of "Is this site a scam?"

And you gotta be careful with the "utterly" comments. PETA and the cow-loving right wing will be coming for you. ;)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]