New Idea

maestro shaz
maestro shaz
10/31/2007 3:11 pm
Hey guys,

Have been really busy lately and haven't much time to come here.

Anyways got a new version of an old song of mine...some of you may have heard the old version alreay. Im in the phase that, I have so many ideas, but I just dont like any of them :mad: and give up on them...So i thought about redoing an old song... I called it 'Waken'

Please check it out...

Waken here

It's kinda giving me more inspiration by doing this....If u know what I mean...

All critz welcome...

Thanks
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 1
looneytunes
looneytunes
10/31/2007 4:26 pm
I didn't care much for the "Waken", but I really enjoyed "A Shuffle Thing" & I thought "Cruizin'" was great. I think you missed a beat here and there, but I loved it! I don't even go much for this kind of music, but I liked these.

I'm glad there were no lyrics, I'm afraid lyrics would have soiled the sound.

Thanks,
# 2
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
11/01/2007 8:48 am
Thanks for the crit Looneytune.

Glad u like the other songs though :o
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 3
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
11/01/2007 9:11 am
Awaken is very tight.. perhaps too tight for my liking.. It's a very pleasant tune to listen to except for the drum track.. it's very loud and also very fake sounding.. they didn't sound muddy enough for me.. but all of this is subjective.. so the sound on that recording is obviously what you wanted it to sound like... When Maelmsteen plays.. it's not so much about his speed but more about his furiousness that makes him nice to listen to for me. In your track I don't "feel" anything other than the feeling you get listening to an extremely accomplished guitar player (which you appear to be) playing a practised-to-death song. It's like you've composed it on sheet music first or something.. It's hard to explain the feeling it gives me precisely but I hope understand that I am not having a go at you.. just trying to describe the feeling I get.

All in all though.. a highly enjoyable piece of music.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 4
Spedzar
Spedzar
11/01/2007 9:22 am
Maestro Shaz,

Loved the 3/4 section at the beginning with the tight rhythm stabs. Then it becomes a cleanly played medium pace neoclassical piece the likes of which even Vinnie Moore might be proud of. Your tone is really sweet for this type of music. It's a little on the cliched side but then again what's new these days?
Spedzar - "the sound of one hand tapping"...
# 5
Superhuman
Superhuman
11/01/2007 5:33 pm
Hey Shaz,
Another masterpiece in the making. Loved every aspect of this track. Tone is lovely for lead and rhythm - nice break in rhythms and the mix is very good. Love those drums, give the music a lot of space to breath, what software are you using for them? Nice neo-classical section with the arpeggiated sequence towards the end, good melody and hook lines. Playing as ever is spot on, great technique and execution. Looking forward to hearing where you take this one. Get a big thumbs up from me.
# 6
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
11/02/2007 8:30 am
I know what you mean light487 about the tightness. That's exactly the way I want it to sound.

Spedza, I hear wat u mean about Vinnie Moore, I thought the same thing myself :p

Superhuman, glad u gave it ur thumbs up :D

I recorded the guitars in a BOSS digital multitrack recorder, using its own effects. The sound for Rythm and Lead is the exact same effect patch used, except that the lead channel has a tid bit of chorus to differenciate the sound from the rythm effect.

I did all mixing in Cubase LE, tweaking the eq's, adding heaps of mid on the lead track (I love mid EQ) and the drums I used Edirol Super Quartet plugin, and seperated the snare, kick, and the rest as one (Cymbals, hats, toms) and added high compression to the kicks and snare, and reverb. Delay on the lead was added in Cubase also.

I really tried to get a production sound out of it, and this is only a demo, so I'll spend heaps more time doing the final version.

Thanks for the comments everyone ;)
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 7
Superhuman
Superhuman
11/02/2007 8:34 am
I like the sound man, doing a good job on the production - it's something I'm starting to focus on too now. I find the drums the hardest aspect of a mix, everthing else can be fiddled with in the EQ section but getting the midi drums right is very hard for me. Look forward to hearing the final track.
# 8
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
11/02/2007 8:42 am
Yep, Im in that phase about drums. Im always looking forward to tweaking and twiddling with the knobs for the drums, rather than the guitar itself.

And also its been such a great learning experience, ages ago I'd just save the midi file from standard General midi to WAV and used it like that, never knew about samples :p
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.