guitar tabs on this site

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
10/26/2007 7:52 am
ok so i sent a help question email about if there was a tab section on this site. i got a reply something like " this site is mostly based on theory and not popular songs but if you post a question on the forum the experenced members of this site would be glad to help you out."

well thinking about this and reading a lot of the help im stuck or what do i do now posts, where most reply say find a song you like and learn how to play it. i was quite confused when there was no tab section on this site. ive spent a lot of time over the years running down tabs for my favorite songs only to find 90% of them dont sound right when you play them. i think that with the talent on this site both teachers and students there could be a section on here that links tabs with lessons just like for say hammer ons and pull offs be linked with seek and destory by metallica,or the star spangled banner being linked to learning a c major scale. but i have no control over what goes on here and what doesnt.

so im sending out a mayday to help me find a good tab site i know ultimate-guitar.com has some ok stuff but only knowing one site really does kind of suck.

thanks for listening to my rant
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/26/2007 9:44 am
jeez man.... go on my site with about 500+ tricks and licks

I've posted lessons covering everything I've learned in 20 years of playing.
http://guitartricks.com/instructor.php?input=7

Seriously man.... if you cant' find something to learn from tapping to mastering, recording, tricks, riffs etc.... you got a major problem.
# 2

10/26/2007 12:21 pm
Hello BrokenJera,

the main reason we don't have a tab section on guitartricks.com is because of copyright issues.

To be able to cover a particular songs, we need written approuval (which often translate to us paying the author) that we can use an artists material.

Every tab site is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

This is why we concentrate on original material and theory. Some instructors will cover Public Domain songs since we can legally post the tabs.

Some other website might cover popular songs but I doubt they can match our original lesson catalogue which is well over 3000 lessons available to you as a full access member. Take some time to look around the different instructors section and I'm sure you'll find a lot more than what tab sites have to offer you.
# 3
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
10/26/2007 8:23 pm
i have been looking around on this site and im loving it.i havent taken many lessons because i really need a new amp and havent been able to find one i really like in my price/watt range. you guys could charge $30 bucks a month instead of 11 and still i would pay(but plz dont jack up the price). you guys have lessons covering just about every thing i could ever want to learn from the blues to heavy metal. i havent had this many sleepless nights since i bought guitar tab pro.

my point with the tabs is that after i learn a lesson or a great new way to play something, theres no better way to practice it than to jam along with a good song on cd. but i do now understand why there are no tabs on this site. thanks for clearing that up.

but it still stands if you do know a good site or two please post the address for me.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.