View post (Zakk Wylde in Town)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
11/07/2007 10:44 am
I'm glad you got to live one of you dreams. I'm sure it was worth all the trouble you went through. I personally am not that crazy about any star (recording artist, movie actor, politician, or anyone) that I would even purchase a ticket to see. It's not that I am cheap (which my wife would say I was), I just don't get excited about stardom. I receive free tickets to concerts and such all the time, and the few times I did go, I was very disappointed. Even though it didn't cost me a dime, I felt I was cheated of my time and time you can never get back.

There are people I do admire and would like to sit down and have a conversation with, but I would never stand in line to see a movie, meet a recording artist, or even to eat dinner.

I have at times, but it was because of the friends I was with. I knew they wanted to eat there, or see that movie, etc., so I toughed it out. And because I was with friends, it turns out to be a very enjoyable evening. If I were alone, I would have left. I watch very little TV and hardly ever go to see a movie. I do purchase CDs and listen to some radio, but that's me

I'm glad for you and it bought you so much happiness.

Actually, there are only a hand full of people I might go out of my way to meet not because of their stardom, but because of them as a person. I admire their views, wisdom, and how the lived their lives. However, I would want to have at least an hour or two conversation with them.