View post (how to make money as a guitarist.)

View thread

FMURPHYFrnky
FMURPHYFrnky
11/12/2007 12:30 am
learn as many styles as you can become good to excellent w/in the guitar world ... learn basic ii v I's IN JAZZ AND HOW TO SOLO OVER THEM... EVEN SIMPLER IS LEARNING (I IV V's) in basic blues progressions and develop blues chops , REAL BLUES CHOPS ARE NOT PLAYING RANDY RHOADS LICKS THAT ARE IN THE PENTATONIC SCALES !!! YOU NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS TO PROGRESS... learn STYLES AS BLUESY AS BUDDY GUY , ERIC CLAPTON AND BB KING , also more difficult blues stylings of JIMI HENDRIX , S.R.V. , DANNY GATTON (whose really more country flash w/ some dangerous chicken picking) , learn music theory , not just diatonic harmony but non-diatonic harmony which is very useful in jazz... not every progression will make sense in terms of major key and relative minor keys , GOD there's so much more man , chord modulation , chord substitution , learn intervals and the relationships between the modes in parrallel and non parralell ways... OPEN YOUR MIND TO STYLES YOU DON'T REALLY DIG... YOU MAY FIND AS YRS GO BY YOU'LL WANNA KNOW MORE THAN THE STRYLE YOU'VE LIMITED YOURSELF TO... I'M A SUCCSESSFUL SESSION GUITARIST WHO CAN WALK INTO A STUDIO AND GET PAID DOLLAH DOLLAH BILLS YO !!! YOU'VE GOTTA TEACH GUITAR AS WELL AND GIVE THE GIFT BACK !!! ALSO , WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS , PRAY !!!(NOT EVEN KIDDING) PRAY YOU YOUNGSTERS !!! GOD WILL PROVIDE , WHATTAYOU WANNA DO...??? YOUCAN BE A ROCKSTAR ,UHMM MAYBE ? BUT IF THAT FAILS YOUY CAN TEACH AND DO SESSIONS STILL KEEPING PROUD THAT YOU'RE ACTIVE... I PLAY IN BANDS , SEVERAL , I SUPPORT MYSELF THRU MUSIC SEVERAL DIFFERENT WAYS... BUT YOU'VE GOTTA SACRIFICE THE MANY LONG HOURS !!! GOOD LUCK !!!

teach guitar , do session work for k.d. lang , or any bunch of artists in need of good session guitarists...

GOOD LUCK , Frank M. shheeeerrreder !!!