View post (how to make money as a guitarist.)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
11/08/2007 8:24 pm
on second thought, being 14 is gonna be difficult to get clients, considering many of them will be your age/older. start with friends and teach them for free. build up your confidence to be able to instruct complete strangers, and even when you do that, charge them nonimal fees. being young means that many doors are not open for you yet, which is quite unfair when you see crap-ass guitarists living a life that you could do 10 times better. it all comes with age, my friend.

some things i would look into if i where your age are to get involved with music in school, and stay with it. play guitar for your jazz band, get little gigs anywhere you can. connections can be built when you're young and they are essential to being successful later in life, especially when you have experience on your side.

i don't know if you dig the jazz guitar thing, but something to look forward to when you're older...you can play on cruise ships and tour the world while getting paid for it. pretty cool summer excursion, if you ask me.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE