I'm Confused,

Thomas Mahon
Thomas Mahon
10/17/2007 6:22 pm
Well I basically just started on this web site, Anytime I click on Chords and Scales ect; It come's up with Upgrade now to get the Complete works crap. :confused: ..

Can't I learn anything without paying ?
# 1

10/17/2007 6:39 pm
There is 24 free lessons available here.

http://www.guitartricks.com/freeguitarlessons.php
# 2
ronbelluso
ronbelluso
10/20/2007 10:10 pm
I've gone through most of those free lessons, believe me they are good!

Ron Belluso is founder and editor of Wiser-Rocker.com
# 3
tailie_angel
tailie_angel
10/24/2007 2:19 am
i just started today, lol, and these are hard. i'm only 15, but if you replay the clips and pay attention, it makes it easier. i am just trying to figure out the Ben Lindholm #1. if it actually showed a model for where to put your fingers it'd be a heck of a lot easier!! maybe i should try out the scales first lol!!
# 4
la'guit
la'guit
10/24/2007 10:40 pm
I agree that it sucks a little that you have to pay to get the full advantage, but at the end of the day if you owned this website, u'd want to make some money out of this... i would! they should give us a little more tho...
Jake, The fender king :cool:
# 5
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/25/2007 4:19 am
At the end of the day it really isn't about making money. It's about paying for bandwidth and other things to keep the site up and running. Imagine hosting hundreds of 10 mb videos plus everything else. I'm sure the bandwidth can't be cheap. The site is well worth the money. However there are also many free lessons that you should be able to find. I believe every instructor page has two free lessons. Unless I really have been gone a long time. :eek:
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
10/25/2007 9:38 am
I would be extremely surprised if this site made any money from subscriptions.. As magicninja said in his post, it's a very expensive thing to run a website like this one and the sub price is low compared to many other premium sites and even online games.

The full access stuff is really great because if you need a quick answer you can search through everything... but I'd say I spend more time here on the forums asking questions than going through the lessons. I use the lessons as just that.. lessons. I go through one lesson a day in a multi-lesson tutorial. Spend may be 20-30mins on that lesson and then try to incorporate it into a jam for however much time left I have..

So the full access sections are like having a big tool box that you can take things out of and use immediately. The forums are just as useful but you have to wait a day or more to get your answer.. and you won't have the ability to watch the answer as a video or hear the answer as streaming audio.

So really.. you have a virtual knowledge base at your disposal right here in the forums, without paying a cent.. you just have to use it.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.