Beatles

vrnorman
vrnorman
10/27/2001 3:19 am
I guess that I can understand younger people not liking the Beatles but you have to remember that all we had prior to them was "ELVIS", the king of the rednecks. We were all looking for something new, and black music, which was really kickin, was not played on the mainstream stations. We had to listen to "HOLLYWOOD" made rock stars and believe me, they sucked. Then in 1964 the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan and the rest is history. We finally had four guys that we could identify with. Thats why so many people love them. I have probably everything that they ever recorded but I listen to SRV, Hendrix, John Lee Hooker a lot more than I do the Beatles.

They were just there for us when we had absolutly nothing else.

Be Cool, and keep on rockin!

Th'WOLF
# 1
jeffconn
jeffconn
11/03/2001 6:09 am
i wasn't born until 1965 and I play drums rather than guitar but I agree that for many fans the BEATLES are 4 guys we can identify with. They have personalities and charm and humor and even vulnerability. They didn't try to be "cool" or have an "I don't want to be a rock star" attitude. They always seemed like they were having a great time. And yes the SONG was the focus. There are Beatles songs such as eleanor Rigby where none of them even play ( am I wrong on this?) yet it's still a BEATLES song.
It's hard to imagine that we'll ever see that much creativity and individuality in 1 group ever again.
But if you don't like them- hey, that's okay too. But you're missing out! ha, ha.
# 2
vrnorman
vrnorman
11/05/2001 11:10 pm
I agree that your missing out if you claim not to like the Beatles. There is something for everyone in their music. I have always admired their ability to write music as well as perform. The music world needs another Lennon/McCartney team.

Billy Joel is a good example of Beatle influence. If your not a fan, at least check out some of his work. You will see a lot of Beatle inspired stuff in his music.

Th'WOLF
# 3
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
11/05/2001 11:48 pm
Oasis are a more obvious choice I reckon.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.