Spacerock

Spedzar
Spedzar
10/06/2007 1:32 am
I built this piece from a drum/bass track that a couple of my friends gave me in 2003 - everyone's been bugging me to stick it on the net for ages. If you have a few minutes to spare and are a fan of trippy space guitar like Ed Wynne's (Ozric Tentacles) soloing you might as well have a listen. Go to:Manplaysguitar and "Annunaki from Y" will play immediately. Enjoy!!!
Spedzar - "the sound of one hand tapping"...
# 1
RGX312l
RGX312l
10/21/2007 1:55 am
The delays for the harmonics are really cool!
Love the phased lead tone!
Tasteful phrasings!

Thanks for sharing this with the rest of the world :)

RGX312L
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 2
Spedzar
Spedzar
10/22/2007 12:22 pm
Hey thanks for listening!!! As I can recollect, the guitar sounds all came out of a Digitech 2112 studio preamp/processor and I was playing at that time an Ibanez US Custom that I owned for several years. A pretty unlikely combination for good tone but sometimes you just can stumble onto some cool sounds with different gear...

As for the phrasing, that's pretty much all improv'd.

Glad you enjoyed it. Take care.
# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
10/23/2007 3:36 pm
Hi there, very nice track. I like the trippy vibe, nice experimentation of tones and effects - works well in the mix. Solid guitar work too, nice to see skilled players experimenting with different sounds - 'space roc'k fits very well as a genre title :cool:
# 4
Spedzar
Spedzar
10/26/2007 1:15 am
Thanks Dave. You've obviously no slouch yourself. It's cool to hear decent guitarists that developed their abilities primarily by ear. As for me I've no idea what the hell I'm playing (in theoretical terms) most of the time either. By the way if you want to put a face to the name here's a very short clip of me... Cheers

Roadstar Shred
# 5
guitar.au
guitar.au
10/27/2007 1:02 pm
Awesome! Great work - I really liked that!

By the way, you live very close to me - about a one and a half hours drive I think!

I got my dad to have a listen. He's 70 and worked at Channel 10 TV for yonks. He was in the living room when a story was going about twin brothers who played the electric guitar and they were astonishing. Dad rushed out and within half an hour had a recording contract from a major label on their coffee table. Sadly, they said it was "their art" and they wouldn't be selling it, as if they were selling their souls. Oh well. Their choice.

Dad said if you would keep going and experimenting like that and get your composition skills licked, you'd have a real fighting chance of airplay on Triple J radio and maybe even a recording contract, if you wanted one.

Cheers, best of luck!
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - A. Einstein
# 6
guitar.au
guitar.au
10/27/2007 1:08 pm
Originally Posted by: SpedzarThanks Dave. You've obviously no slouch yourself. It's cool to hear decent guitarists that developed their abilities primarily by ear. As for me I've no idea what the hell I'm playing (in theoretical terms) most of the time either. By the way if you want to put a face to the name here's a very short clip of me... Cheers

Roadstar Shred

Good grief... you've definitely "got it." That was awesome.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - A. Einstein
# 7
Spedzar
Spedzar
10/29/2007 6:56 pm
Thanks mate. I need to spend more time playing these days. As for triple J, I have some electronic stuff on Unearthed (no guitars at all apart from where I play bass on the track "Separate" - where I also sing). They used a clip from my track "Just so much better" in their "Hack" current affairs program in August - also went to JTV - on a segment on youth gambling. Actually I'm a big fan of triple J as they help many underground Australian artists to get exposure. And if I could survive just playing and writing - that is most muso's dream, what more can be said?

I'm stoked you (and your dad) liked the guitar work. Thanks for the heads up.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.