laugh or cry

FreeFeeling
FreeFeeling
10/05/2007 7:46 pm
Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but any way.
From the time you pick up guitar for the first time till the present you will and still can be filled with the many emotions there is from laughing to tears, frustration to pride and self satisfaction.

I read a lot about guitarist and thought i would recomnd 3 books worth reading

1. Room Full Of Mirrors - Charles R Cross (a book of some sadness in places about Hendrix)

2. Satisfaction - Keith Richards - By christopher Sandford (funny, mad and strange)

3. Guitar Man - Will Hodgkinson (relates to the guitar and those who want to learn, funny with some very good snippets from some very famouse guitarists)
Dont give it a lable - just Feel Free to let your playing Be....
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
10/06/2007 12:17 am
Thanks for the recommendations. I've read Room Full of Mirrors. Great book. I will certainly check out the other titles. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/06/2007 1:05 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60Thanks for the recommendations. I've read Room Full of Mirrors. Great book.

You might also like "Heavier than Heaven," the same guy's biography of Kurt Cobain. I don't know if you're into Nirvana (somehow I doubt it :P), but I think Cross did a better job of it than "Room Full of Mirrors."
# 3
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
10/06/2007 2:21 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckYou might also like "Heavier than Heaven," the same guy's biography of Kurt Cobain. I don't know if you're into Nirvana (somehow I doubt it :P), but I think Cross did a better job of it than "Room Full of Mirrors."

Now why in the world would you assume that I don't like Nirvana? ;) It's not that I dislike them or anything ~ frankly, I know very little about them. I do like the songs that I've heard so maybe I will check out the book. Thanks. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.