'Beyond Our Universe' with live drums

Superhuman
Superhuman
10/04/2007 6:59 pm
Hi guys,
Recorded this track about two years ago and just mixed in some live drums - they sound pretty good considering they were recorded off a very small kit (bass, 2 toms, ride, hi-hats and snare). There are a couple of mistakes in places that I wish I fixed at the time but here it is anyway.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3633663&q=hi

Hope you like it!
# 1
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
10/09/2007 4:23 am
Nice!

Great to hear some live drums for a change :)

Did you seperate each drum when recorded?

If you did, add some compression on the individual tracks especially the snare and kick to give it that punch.

Bring the threshold down heaps on the snare and add some reverb and you'll get that big production type of sound.... I think :p

Im no good at mixing drums but i found that certain compression and amount of compression really does add a lot to the overall sound....

That's my view anyway mate...

Great keep it up!

Shaz
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
10/09/2007 2:48 pm
Can't do much with the drums at the moment, they were an off the cuff recording done by a friend of mine. There is a set of individual wavs from the mic'ed kit and a room mic. At some stage I will arrange to get a proper mix of the kit, it sounds like a kit in a room at the moment rather than a kit on a cd! EQ, compression, reverb are certainly needed!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.