View post (Feeling the Song-Writing Blues?)

View thread

BJoy
BJoy
12/10/2007 6:03 am
Originally Posted by: sailorjimI just started writing songs about a year ago. I love blues and being over 50 and losing lots of loves and being poor, not poor and poor and not poor definely gives me lot s of material to work with. I have a blast, I usually get the idea then I write down a ton of lines that go with the idea, not even thinking of the music yet.. Then once i have all the lines writen down I will try to put it in some meaninful order while at the same time creating the rythm. Once I have the song flow and the rythm some what down I come up with the drum track. ( usaully basic) (drummer pro - great program) Then since I also play the bass I drop down the bassline ( I have three basses to choose from, Fender jp90, Fender Victor Bailey Accoustic and a Palantino Upright bass.) Then I play around with the diffrent guitars I have figuring out which one sounds best with the lead rythm and or other fills. I am not a great guitar player or have a great voice so it can be hard to make the song sound just right but what the heck it's the blues... And I am having a ball..
I did this one here that is on the listening forum..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFN_p5KjGA

I definitely hear the BB King influence in there, whether it is intentional or not.