View post (Some New Stuff - Take a look)

View thread

Drew77
Drew77
10/06/2007 2:26 am
Thanks for replying man, and don't worry about hurting my feelings, I just really like to get feed back, no matter what it is.

As far as the doom and gloom, I kinda agree actually... sort of. This stuff is, like I said, really really depressing when I think about it, but it is still stuff I am interested in and as I figured out recently (particularly with my painting) art only really works if you care about what your doing. I have tried fitting into other styles and such and it's not that I can't do it, but I just don't care as much.

I'm really only saying that because I hope it helps people. It seems like a pretty obvious thing but it took me a while to really get it. I couldn't understand why I was so unmotivated to create most of the time, and it turned out that I was trying to do something I didn't care about. I was surprised to find out that it actually (at least for me) takes some thought to really narrow myself down to a style/subject that I care about and that also express what I am trying to express. Probably because I am always trying to go in a million different directions at once.

I know people who's art just flows out of them at a constant pace and it doesn't seem like they have to think about it at all. I wish. And it's not that I'm not creative, I create constantly but because I have no focus and a lot of what I have kinda forced myself to do over the years is stuff that I don't really care about not much ever really makes it to a finished product. I lose interest.

I think this is probably a problem for a lot of people but Im not sure.

Anyways, now I am trying to focus myself on thoughts and feelings that really move me and stuff that I can stay motivated with from begining to end.

I am a musician btw, well first I am a artist (painting, drawing) and then pretty much on the same level as that I am a musician, but I love lyrics.