new guitar

andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
09/21/2007 1:49 am
I am getting a new guitar and I don't know what to get. I like playing rock and blues. I already have a stratocaster and an epiphone les paul.

I like the ibanez ren suggested but does anyone know any good hollowbodys
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
-- Jimi Hendrix
# 1
ren
ren
09/21/2007 10:47 am
What sort of budget do you have?

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
09/21/2007 7:20 pm
About $2,000
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
-- Jimi Hendrix
# 3
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
09/21/2007 8:10 pm
If your interested, I'm selling my Gibson SG Gothic. Check the Gear Discussion section....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 4
ren
ren
09/21/2007 9:45 pm
The best guitar I own in that ballapark would be an Ibanez JS1000. In my opinion it's good looking, light, versatile, has an awsome feel and tone and will leave you change for some other gear... maybe an amp, don't know what you've got there...

I did a review of mine here, and oracleguy also reviewed one here.

Definitely worth a try... I also have a 2003 Fender USA Ash Tele for sale in mint condition, and the shipping might make it fit your budget... ;) Seriously, go to the store and enjoy having the money to spend - try all of 'em. When you do decide, it's worth playing every one of that model the store has in stock - I'd bet one will stand out. Happy Hunting!

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
09/21/2007 10:19 pm
That guitar Steve Vai promotes.. I think it's a Ibanez JEM is also quite versatile.. unfortunately I haven't had the chance to play one so I don't really know.. but reading the reviews by other people and Vai himself, it just seems like it would be a guitar worth adding to any rock guitarist's arsenal.. I may be wrong though. :)

Also there is that Fender Stratocaster VG thing that has the Roland bridge pickup so that it can emulate/model about 7 different tones (ie. Strat, Telecaster, Humbucker etc) and also set tunings at the flick of a switch (Drop-D, DADGAD, Open G, Baritone, and one other I can't think of right now.. as well as standard). I think the VG retails for about $2,500... worth checking out though.. but in other discussions here on GT it has been pointed out that something like this guitar may potentially depreciate in value faster than a vintage or custom fender would.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 6
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/22/2007 1:50 am
Originally Posted by: andrewjreidI am getting a new guitar and I don't know what to get. I like playing rock and blues. I already have a stratocaster and an epiphone les paul.

I like the ibanez ren suggested but does anyone know any good hollowbodys

I believe >this< qualifies. :D

And yes, it plays and sounds as good as it looks. I'm leaving this axe stock. I wouldn't change a thing.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
dvenetian
dvenetian
09/22/2007 1:41 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsI believe >this< qualifies. :D

And yes, it plays and sounds as good as it looks. I'm leaving this axe stock. I wouldn't change a thing.

Wow, Awesome......... I can't believe how nice that guitar looks. The quality of the Hardware really makes a huge difference in catching my attention
and this guitar has the entire package. It's way past the "good lookin"
6 thru 7 rating on the scale from 1 thru 10. Its Damn Sexy.
A Sexy image is a rare find because it requires extreme expression being
exerted naturally with ability to send out a crystal clear language vibe,
without sound. The silent language is understood internationally to those within visual range. It immediately catches your attention and trigger emotion that absorb the aura.
Once absorbed, being out of range leaves one feeling nostalgic.
Anything able to get my undivided attention rates as a 10 in my book.

Congrats, Lats and thanks for the link. Absolutely beautiful.......
I never once had interest in a hollow body. Never found
Gibson, Gretsch or even a Rickenbacker hollow body(s) Sexy.

You must give that beauty a name to go by..........
Maybe like; Ginger........(Gilligan's Island)
(Maryann wasn't sexy, but Ginger had sexy written all over her)

Or Angelina...........(Jolie)
(She's so sexy, it comes through the television from one snippet. I really can't blame Brad Pitt, he came under a spell for eternity by that sexy thing, later Jen)
Besides, that Jennifer chick wasn't sexy even in a movie where she tried acting sexy. No chance, friend, Sexy can't be faked).....
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.