how to install a pickguard

buckethead14
buckethead14
09/13/2007 5:11 pm
i have the ibanez rg2ex1 model (low end) and it comes just as a solid blac with white outline-no pickguard un fortunatley, but i was wondering if i wanted to install one, could i? and how? would i have to drill my own holes or customize the wiring?
Buckethead
# 1
Krunek
Krunek
09/14/2007 4:41 am
I have an RG and I also considered putting a pickguard, since it has none... I find a guitar with a pickguard much more beautifull. You have my thread, if you are up for looking. If not, shortly, it is like this; The luthier guy saed it could be done, but if a guitar came without one, when you put one on, the pup selector switch may not go all the way (far low and far high) cause it is a bit shorter than on the guitars with a pickguard. So he saed. it would be a hmmmm... well, not expensive but not cheap either. As for wiring, you don"t need to touch anything, just screw the pickguard into the surface. Depending on screws, you can route holes, but you can also take screws that go directly into wood. That is about it. So the luthier guy saed to me. If you do go ahead with installing the pickguard, would you please pm me how it worked out? Quite curious, cause, i will put it on too soon enough.
# 2
buckethead14
buckethead14
09/15/2007 4:58 pm
oohh okay, thanks a lot dude il go ahead and look up ur thread, thank you very much, we can close this thread now
Buckethead
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.