VOTE: GT Solo Assignment August '07

Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
09/05/2007 5:48 am
Hi there it's time to vote for your favourite solo from the assignment for August :cool:

Here are the entries:

Bar Chord Nick
z0s0_jp
seazer
FingerSpasm
Joey74
equator
light487
WrigglerUK
dethm3tal

Don't vote for yourself!
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 1
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
09/05/2007 7:47 am
hrmm soundclick is going slow at the moment.. I've started to listen to them all again though..

..later..

Hrmm.. I've listened to them all now and I've, so far, narrowed it down to 3 people.. I'm fairly certain which of the three it will be but now I need to go do something else, then come back and listen to them one at a time with breaks between..
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 2
WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
09/05/2007 12:16 pm
Just run through them all again. Finally decided on BCN for the 'bluesy' tone and expression.

Close second Equator and Joey for both taking different approaches to most of us, I just enjoyed Nicks most.

Kudos to all though.
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?
# 3
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
09/06/2007 2:19 am
So does this mean that Mr Weslaba wins July? :D
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 4
dethm3tal
dethm3tal
09/07/2007 11:16 pm
Well I chose Seazer

:( no one even acknowledged mine ^_^ I worked so hard too :-P

Overall I liked all the tracks, bt included; They were all a lot better than those for July; I liked Seazer's the most because it showed a LOT of improvement and it just had great playing all the way through
# 5
equator
equator
09/08/2007 7:23 pm
Good job guys.
Everybody did an excellent work and I enjoyed listening to every single entry.
My vote this time goes to seazer.
Cheers
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 6
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
09/21/2007 10:07 pm
Hey there! :)

I was going to write a little bit for each person who had submitted a song and offer suggestions and all that.. but I just haven't had the time this month.. I haven't even had a chance to record my solo for the September solo yet.. *sigh*

Here's what I got so far...

BCNick:
Hey.. really nice.. Love the tone you have there, really matches well with the rest of the subdued, backing track instruments. There's nothing really wrong with your track. Everything I hear is pleasant to the ear, except that because the track goes for a whole 2 mins, your solo seems to drag on a bit until about the 1:28 mark, at which point you throw something different in for a little bit but then return to the same thing as before. I see so much potential in what you have created here, and I don't really know what needs to be added to make it more dynamic.. it just feels like something is missing from it..

Equator:
I really enjoyed the second half of the track you did. I particularly like the section between 1:20 and 1:41 and then it goes back to the slower solo bits again and the feeling is gone for me... This track was quite slow, and I felt that you struggled with the tempo being so slow through a lot of the beginning of the track until you grabbed the track by the horns and steered it the way you wanted it to go, which was just before the halfway mark through the track.

Joey:
Loved almost every part of what you did on that take.. the only thing that really detracted from the whole thing was the 30-second-long trill between 1:44 and 2:15 or so.. I like the trill itself just not the amount of time it was used in one continous stretch of music. On the other hand, you really made it sound like there was more than one guitar there on many occasions making it enjoyable to listen to during the first 1:44.. the remaining section starting from about 2:15 needs a little more work on the delay timing but it still drives the song home to the end of the track regardless. After you read all of that, you're probably thinking I didn't vote for you... but I did because I enjoy listening to that first bit so much. Thanks.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.