Chours/flange or trem?

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
09/04/2007 8:05 pm
Alright guys, so it's nearly that time again...new pedal time.

This shipment will see me taking delivery of two pedals...a Love Pedal MagicBoy vibe pedal and then one of two other choices.

I am looking at:

A Fulltone Choralflange, which is like a dual analog pedal...just a flick of the switch and you change from chorus to flange, but the settings aren't really similar,so it requires a few minutes of twiddling between settings...not really nice for changes within a song.

The other cjoice is a Zvex Tremolo Probe...this is a maunal trem pedal...it fucntions with a sort of expression pedal that is really a proxymity sensor.
The closer your foot goes, the more it trems, I suppose.
I have a Wah Probe and could not be happier with it, so I am kinda leaning towards the trem probe.

It will be added to my pedal board which currently contains:
A Zvex Wah Probe
A Planet Waves Strobe Tuner
A Fulltone Fulldrive 2, mosfet
A HomeBrew Electronics Uno Moss Pre-amp Boost
A T-rex Replica dealy.

I think the vibe pedal should provide me with enough of the chorus/flange type modulation effect, and think the trem may be the way to go...any thoughts?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 1
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
09/04/2007 8:35 pm
I've never been impressed with the Tremelo effect.
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 2
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
09/04/2007 9:38 pm
Dude. Go no further. Get the Flip tube tremelo. Joe Bonamassa has it and it sounds absolutely outstanding. Search "Joe Bonamassa pedal demo" on youtube and you'll see it in that. Its simply stunning! :eek:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/05/2007 2:46 am
Well, Joe can use the worst pedal on the market and make it sound stunning. Its all about how you can use it. I'd go for the chours/flanger pedal. Tremelo is cool every now and again, but you can keep chourus or flanger on all the time if you wanted.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/05/2007 3:20 am
I get enough flanging out of my guitar by switching the pase of one of the pickups. I prefer that to using a flanging effect because there's no hint of 'sweeping' behind the sound.

Some of my amps have tremolo built-in. It's OK, but it only gets used once in a while. It can wear out it's welcome quickly.

Now, chorus is a very versatile thing. You can set it up so that it's very subtle, filling out your tone without being easily identified. A stereo chorus feeding two amps can gently push your head off of your shoulders and roll it across the floor! :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.