View post (GT Solo Assignment: September '07)

View thread

equator
equator
09/15/2007 8:16 pm
Hey guys, thanks for the comments.
Looks like my guitar went a tad out of tune after I used the whammy bar in the intro. (especially the D string) Hopefully I won’t have that problem again; once I get my Floyd Rose equipped guitar back together. Right now it is primed and I’ll be painting it next week ( I’ll post pics for you to see )

seazer - Loved your tone choices man. Do you mind telling us about your rig?
I liked your licks. Phrasing wasn’t so good though this month, and maybe that is way some passages sounded like if you were running up and down the scale. But it is a nice take overall.

Superhuman - I liked your approach to this track. Very melodic and expressive. I enjoyed those neoclassical licks, especially the section from 1:00 to 1:08 sounded like something Yngwie would play.
Maybe I am hearing things, but sounded like the bend at the 1:39 mark was a little off. Not a big deal though.

dethm3tal - Nice opening and good phrases the first part of the solo, some nice licks here and there.
Minor timing issues but you did a great job overall.

Oh…about the sweeps: I used to practice to a metronome, but it helped me a lot to write them down in standard notation and try different groupings of notes. I.e. Triplets, 5:3 or 6:4

5:3 is when you play 5 notes in the time of 3 notes.
6:4 is when you play 6 notes in the time of 4 notes, etc.

It worked for me but it may or may not work for you. Try it.
Anyways, great stuff guys, keep rocking.

Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.