Help needed on Lead

jgpeeples
JGPeeples
jgpeeples
JGPeeples
08/31/2007 8:59 pm
Newbie here. I need help learning how to play lead. I know the scales. For example....Comfortably Numb. I can play the slow lead parts but when it gets faster I can't figure out what is being played or how to play something that sounds similar. Any ideas.
# 1
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
08/31/2007 11:47 pm
A lot of what those guys play is minor pentatonic stuff. Get that down an then try and learn some other solos to get some licks down. If you have to use tabs to learn the faster parts its not the end of the world. And as a beginner the faster stuff might not even be in reach either, you never know. Just stick it out and with practice it will come. Everyone always wants instant results, but in reality its not possible. The guitarists you look up to probably have at least 15 yrs experience under their belt. So until you get that far, don't fret (no pun intended) :rolleyes:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
09/01/2007 3:40 pm
Takes a while to be able to really hear an understand what another guitarist is playing - it's all about having a well trained ear. The faster you can play the faster you can distinguish the notes someone else is playing. This might help http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/AmazingSlowDowner/

You can play the track and slow it down to whatevre speed you want without affectng the pitch. Handy if you are trying to work out a solo. The more you practice and pay attention to the techniques used on the c's you listen to the easier it will be come to work out other guitarists works.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.