View post (Pickguard for Ibanez)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
08/21/2007 9:01 am
Originally Posted by: renWell, look at it - when you have the 5-way switch in position 1 or 5, how far away from the body is it? you'll need approx 1.5mm for a pickguard (depends on what you buy). The switch on your guitar might be different to a DX.

Suggestions:

If you want to go ahead with fitting a pickguard, you could either cut a bit off the bottom of the plastic tip for the pickup selector switch (which will give you more clearance), or you could cut the slot for the switch wider in the pickguard so it doesn't get in the way. You could also buy and solder in a new 5-way switch - I've done this myself and it's pretty easy.

Or,

Make your own pickguard, and use thinner plastic.

Or,

You could sell your guitar, and buy the DX with a pickguard. ;)

Ren, you are THE MAN... ;)
Except for the part when it comes to selling my guitar... Don"t have the money I need to make for the difference in price between a older RG and DX...
I am saving up for a house, soooo...+ tuition for second year of college is coming soon....+ I am writting this down, very very slowly and quietly, cause it is desire deep in my heart...a small, 250 ccm chopper...Yamaha, perhaps....
Soooo...No more investing into guitars. Or amps. Or effect pedals.
As far as the part for the pup selector switch, I was thinking more in the line of buying a pickguard for DX and if it will pose a problem, just cut of the tip of the switch, weld a little bit in the middle to make it a bit longer and weld the top back on. :) I work in a firm that works with metal, it won"t be a problem. What do you think?