View post (Recording to the computer)

View thread

fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
10/29/2001 3:17 am
Originally posted by educatedfilm
yeah... I've got this problem too... I cant connect my guitar (straight away or through a pedal into the sound card), It just comes out really really quite... That's why i've had to mike up my amp.... It's a shame cos i've got some great soft ware for effects... Anyone know how to get round this?

Yes...I've found the best way to record to PC is if you have some kind of mixer board...obvisouly this is not a cheap solution to your problem. Your sound card Line In does not amplify whatever input device is connected. Thus..it needs to be amplified by another source...i.e. an amplifier (which can get loud when you have an idea at 3 am) an effects unit with a good output amplification...or a mixer board (or PA). I like to use my Boss GT-3. Great output amplification...and I can plug in headphones so the neighbors don't have to put up with my loud recording sessions! My sound card is a Sound Blaster Live! Platinum with the Live! Drive...you should check them out...I got this one for about 80 bucks total and it has 1/4 inch input jacks on the front as well as a 1/4 headphone jack, MIDI in and out and SPDIF in and out...great little toy. Good luck.
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay