Prince...?

PlatonicShred
PlatonicShred
07/29/2007 5:19 am
So, I'm just wondering why the guy is consistently left out of guitar lists. Not to say that he is up there with the best of his contemporaries, i.e. Malmsteen, Van Halen, Lynch...etc. But I mean, if you're going to mention Kurt Cobain or Billy Corgan, why not mention Prince?

Let us all discuss.
Back In Black isn't a song. It's a divine call that gets channeled through five righteous dudes every thousand years or so. That's why dragons and sea monsters don't exist anymore.
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/29/2007 1:38 pm
Originally Posted by: PlatonicShredSo, I'm just wondering why the guy is consistently left out of guitar lists. Not to say that he is up there with the best of his contemporaries, i.e. Malmsteen, Van Halen, Lynch...etc. But I mean, if you're going to mention Kurt Cobain or Billy Corgan, why not mention Prince?

Let us all discuss.

I agree. He is often left off of lists and he is a terrific musician. I don't like everything he's done, but the majority is amazing. There have been several posts here over the past year in which Prince is lauded for his playing skills.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
ren
ren
07/29/2007 2:42 pm
this thread was pretty recent...

Since, his CD was given away free with a national newspaper over here and he seems to be back on the horizon. I haven't heard any of his new stuff... any good?

**EDIT** I guess I'll find out - I'm going to one of his O2 arena gigs next week. I'll let you know... :cool:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.