Easy Christian Rock

adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
07/20/2007 7:33 pm
Hello, All,

Things have been going well, here, still a general soreness from my fingertips, but I'm actually learning, and playing some basic stuff almost smoothly!!

My question is this: Can anyone recommend some easy Christian Rock-n-roll that I may work on learning? Most of the stuff I'm learning now is acoustic, as that is what my worship team plays, but I'd love to learn some stuff that I can crank up on the axe and jam a bit. I especially like Contemporary Christian Rock-n-roll, from the 80's to today. I'm just not sure what may be within my skill, or lack thereof, level. I'd appreciate any suggestions from the pros. I'll download music and tab, I'm just not sure which songs to look for.

Many thanks!
Peace,
Tom
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (even learn how to play this silly instrument!! ;) )[/FONT]
# 1
cdm442
cdm442
07/22/2007 3:16 am
how about casting crowns or sanctus real? :cool:
I'm complicated, I get frustrated, right or wrong, love or hate it,I'm complicated, you can't sedate it, I've heard that song, but i won't play it, I'm complicated.-Bon Jovi
# 2
adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
07/22/2007 6:37 am
Both great bands. Can you recommend any songs by either that may be at a beginning or easy level to learn how to play?

Peace,
Tom
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (even learn how to play this silly instrument!! ;) )[/FONT]
# 3
Agitator6
Agitator6
07/25/2007 12:37 am
Big House by Audio Adrenaline

Every Move I Make by David Ruis (real easy)

Blessed Be Your Name by ???
# 4
adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
07/25/2007 3:17 am
Thanks, Agitator, I'll look into all 3 of those.

Blessed be your name, do you mean: "Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your name..Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your glorious name"? I hope so, as I can get chords for that easily, as my worship team plays it. If I download tab, does it just give chord stuff, or will it give tab for the runs and solos as well?

Peace,
Tom
# 5
jamesplaysgitar
jamesplaysgitar
07/26/2007 12:38 am
try creed, its kinda soft metal and most of its easy to play, if u wanna really rock out play bands like as i lay dying or all that remains
# 6
Agitator6
Agitator6
07/26/2007 1:59 am
Yup, thats the one. (blessed be your name)

You'll find a little of both (some tab but mostly just chords)

Most of them are simple enough that once you figure out the key you can improvise pretty easily. I think you'll find some tab for Big House - which seems to always be a favorite of kids and adults.Try ultimate-guitar.com, and theres always buying the copyrighted music digitally on-line (sheetmusicdirect.com, sunhawk, etc.)

Some of these tunes may sound a bit laid back but there's no reason you can't wind em up a bit.

I hope you enjoy.
# 7
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
07/26/2007 9:48 pm
Also might want to check out Emu Music (www.emumusic.com.au) it is Australian Christan music site. I don't have time to go into detail, as I have to go to work any minute now..

The following is one of the songs on the site that we play at church.. I have the actual sheet music for this one though, it's fairly easy.. but most importantly, the site there let's you listen to most, if not all, of the song when you preview it before buying the track.

The Light (Studio Version)

1. All who are poor in spirit
Thirsty and hungry ones
The humble showing mercy
These are the blessed ones

2. Those who are pure in heart
Those who make peace not strife
Those who will suffer wrong
Just for the sake of right

These are the ones
Who are called sons of God

Chorus
Shine like the stars in the dark sky
Bring to this world the word of life!

3. Jesus the one true light came
Shining into the world
Light to the deepest darkness
Light that brings life to us
Don’t hide the light
Let it shine bright to all!

© 2000 Nicky Chiswell
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.