Amp Buzz

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/19/2007 3:21 pm
So I've had my amp for awhile now, Fender Deville, and its been flawless till possibly now. Actually I don't even think its the amp. :rolleyes: I was really just wondering if there was anything I could do to cut down on the buzz I'm getting from my amp. It's very possibly the effects chain or my cables, but I was wondering if there was any other technique to cut back on buzz and hum. I was kinda hoping that I wouldn't need a noise gate, seeing as I only have 4 low-no gain effects, but anything to keep away the noise would be excellent. It's a pretty bad buzz too, brought my recording session to a hault the other day. :(
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 1
ren
ren
07/19/2007 3:28 pm
You need to have an experiment. Do you get the buzz with just the guitar plugged straight into the amp? If not, add the pedals one at a time and see where the problem starts.

Also, if you're playing anywhere near a CRT screen (PC monitor / TV etc) or with a mobile 'phone in your pocket - that won't help. Are your pedals mains or battery powered?

And for the finale - singlecoils are a little noisy. If you're playing a strat type guitar, try the 'in between' pickup selector positions (2& 4 out of 5).

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/19/2007 3:37 pm
I play a mustang and I've got it set where when its clean there is virtually silence. I have 4, sometimes 5 effects rigged up in a daisy chain (shall be replaced by a DC brick soon I hope) and I went straight into my amp and it still buzzed. :confused: I've seen a guy clip an alligator clip from his amp head to something grounded, and it went silent. I was kinda looking for that way out. Is this possible or something like this possible?

*Edit*
I'm gonna be heading down to play in a few moments, so I can really troubleshoot this some more.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.