Dream Pedal Board

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/18/2007 10:34 pm
Alright, after finding myself stranded on effects websites all afternoon, I have finally decided to compile what I think would be the ultimate pedalbaord. Everytime I go browsing for pedals I just wish I had like thousands of dollars lying around to splurge on pedals. And... if I did, this is what would come out of it. Probably in the order of the effects chain...

T-Rex Replica
Chicago Iron Octavian
Exotic BB Preamp and AC Booster
Fulltone OCD (Gotta have OD options)
Fulltone 69 Fuzz
Flip Tremelo
TC Electronic Chorus
Dunlop UniVibe
ZVex Machine
Dunlop Crybaby

All powered by 1 or possibly 2 T-Rex Fuel Tanks

And heck, since this is in the gear discussion section, how about you're dream amp and guitar too...

Personally... Fender Strat, if possible a vintage one one from 50's or 60's MmmMmm good. Then a Fender Super Reverb to top things off. Doesn't get much better than that right there. Or does it... :confused: :eek:

*Edit*
It took me nearly an hour to compile this dream rig. And man, I thought I knew what I wanted. And as you can see, I still went with 3 overdrives. Hahaha... Its just never good enough is it. So what's your dream rig???
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
07/18/2007 11:37 pm
All you need is this enhancement pedal:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MSNLfa1VPwo
# 2
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/19/2007 12:06 am
Hahahaha... That was great. :D

On a serious note though, I was curious about the cost of my dream board, so I added it all up, and... the cost of it, just the effects and power supply, is about $2,700!!! :eek:

SoundClick Page

# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
07/19/2007 5:02 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter1801All you need is this enhancement pedal:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MSNLfa1VPwo

Is that the Herman Ri thing?

'I pray shomthing s*** rike this using hammer on an purl off. Then i presh shound enhanshment pedal'

'Tell your friends herman ri is cool or ill sh*t on your head". ahhaha
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/19/2007 8:30 pm
I love when he plays "figure 9" , themario noises, and it goes, "Its a Me" :D

But come on! Whats your guy's dream setup! :eek:

edit
hey what do ya know! 500 posts! :D

SoundClick Page

# 5
cdm442
cdm442
07/23/2007 4:22 am
ok, only 2 pedals and amp(want 2 keep it short)
EVH Frankenstien Fender Guitar
Marshall 4 times 12
Vox crybaby wah
geil talkbox
I'm complicated, I get frustrated, right or wrong, love or hate it,I'm complicated, you can't sedate it, I've heard that song, but i won't play it, I'm complicated.-Bon Jovi
# 6
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/24/2007 3:37 pm
Originally Posted by: cdm442ok, only 2 pedals and amp(want 2 keep it short)
EVH Frankenstien Fender Guitar
Marshall 4 times 12
Vox crybaby wah
geil talkbox

Dunlop and Heil you mean. :confused:

SoundClick Page

# 7
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
07/26/2007 4:44 am
Thats too bad, I have my dream rig and it cost me less than 500$. korg toneworks, EQ BBE sonic stomp. I run it through a tube amp and people say it sound like John Petrucci which makes me happy. But also, tone is on your fingers so take it easy on effects because once you get more experience you'll just slowly get rid of them because you can have the best gear in the world as a begginer and you will still sound like Sh't. I used to be jsut like you thought about gear alot and wrote lists of a million things I wanted to buy. Good luck on your journey
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 8
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/27/2007 12:00 am
Well, I can control myself from buying effects every second, I just have a strange fascination with them for whatever reason. And not to sound like a turd, but I don't think I need effects to sound better. A little overdrive being my $40 sd-1 and I think I have quite a good sound. This dream rig of of mine would be like if you could buy anything and money was no object. Quite frankly if you currently found more than 4-5 pedals in my chain I would be surprised. :rolleyes:

SoundClick Page

# 9
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
07/27/2007 5:43 pm
hey Wes, I'm gonna crash this gear-knocking party and actually tell you my dream set-up. I, like you, am addicted to effects. I'm not a beginner and certainly know that effects wont make me a better player...but I'm trying to see what new sounds can be made.

Right now, I am very close to one of my many dream set-ups. I would not replace anything that I currently use live...but I would add more to it.

so, currently, my effects board consists of :
Z vex Wah Probe
Homebrew Electronics Uno Moss
Full Tone Fulldrive 2 (Mosfet onein Burnt Orange finish)
T rex Replica

I have worked hard to build this effects rig up, and will soon add (as soon as steve gets his stock) a
Love Pedal Magicboy (sometimes called MagicVibe)
Keeley Compressor
Fulltone Choral Flange
and possibly an eq pedal...but I'm struggling to find one I like.

Then my effects rig will be complete.

Guitar-wise, I'm currently running a PRS Custom22, and a Gibson Les paul Studio live (The LP has been modded to hell...SD Jazz in the neck, Bare Knuckle Nailbomb in the bridge and a Roland Midi pickup, which controls a Gr 20 guitar-synth).

Amp-wise, I know it's embarrasing, but I am a full on Ibanez Tube amp Fiend! My head is an Ibanez Thermion Tn120, which is just awesome...the only issue I have with it is that it has no line-out and so is always mic'd up on stage.

I then also have an Ibanez Valbee, which is a 5 watt full tube high gain combo amp. It's absolutely awesome...I never thought I'd like an Ibanez amp, until I bought my thermion, and now, if it says Ibanez, and burns tubes, I'm gonna want it.

Lets see...to add to my dream set-up i'd want:

Guitars:
A Nik Huber Dolphin
A Suhr of sorts
a Melancon
A Tele
A strat
A Hugh Manson
and a Prs HollowBody 2, flame maple top and back with the piezo :) oooh
oh and throw in a Black Machine!!!

Amps:
Fender Deville
any Victoria Amp Co combo
A Diezel Vh4
a BadCat trem Cat

Pedals:
Oh here we go!
There are so many that I still want, although I'll limi it to the three I have ordered for now.

but I will one day own a:
Z Vex Fuzz Probe
Z vex Tremolo Probe
Z Vex Tremorama
and a T rex viper.

That's about it...haha

dude, if you enjoy oggling awesome effects, check out www.stevesmusiccenter.com

I buy all of my pedals from Steve. He's a great guy (from what I know, only ever dealt with him online) and he's never let me down.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 10
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/27/2007 5:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sa
dude, if you enjoy oggling awesome effects, check out www.stevesmusiccenter.com

Haha... you have no idea how many sites I've been to like that. It's kinda funny I think, when I grow older, I want to either get rich in business and then retire early and buy all the gear known to man, or get famous with a band and have sponsors pay me to use their sick gear. Either way theres lots of gear involved. :D

SoundClick Page

# 11
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
07/30/2007 7:07 pm
Originally Posted by: WeslabaWell, I can control myself from buying effects every second, I just have a strange fascination with them for whatever reason. And not to sound like a turd, but I don't think I need effects to sound better. A little overdrive being my $40 sd-1 and I think I have quite a good sound. This dream rig of of mine would be like if you could buy anything and money was no object. Quite frankly if you currently found more than 4-5 pedals in my chain I would be surprised. :rolleyes:

True, I Assumed and yea you know the rest, but yea im more of a guitar junkie rather than an effects junkie
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 12
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/30/2007 7:31 pm
Ha, yeah, you seemed to have multiple times more dream guitars and amps than effects. Anyways, do you own a Deville or want one?

SoundClick Page

# 13
The Allmighty Zach
The Allmighty Zach
07/30/2007 11:43 pm
I'm pretty content with my current rig, but I deffinatley wouldn't mind having some more effects. I really want a phaser and an orignal univibe. I've seen this insane flanger by elctro harmonix, I can't remember the name but there were so many ways you could tweak that thing it was amazing, so I guess I want that too lol. I woldn't mind having a synth as well. As far as dream guitar PRS custom for sure! Here is my current rig, a lot of this stuff is stuff I wanted forever.

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Elite

Effects:
Cry Baby Wah Wah(the 120Q or whatever it is with the boost)
Digitech Whammy
Voodoo Lab Microvibe(My fav!)
Ibanez Flanger/Chorus
Boss DD-6 Delay

# 14
quickfingers
quickfingers
07/31/2007 7:14 am
well, now that we have the effects 'rig' coming into play, here's my little setup:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/grabyourankles55/CIMG1063.jpg

professional? no.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 15
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/31/2007 2:28 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingerswell, now that we have the effects 'rig' coming into play, here's my little setup:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/grabyourankles55/CIMG1063.jpg

professional? no.

Uhhh... Maybe? :D

It might just be me, but the whammy pedal, and of course digitech pedals take away from the glamour of boards IMO. :cool: I'll post mine in a bit if I can find my moms camera.

SoundClick Page

# 16
The Allmighty Zach
The Allmighty Zach
07/31/2007 5:12 pm
I think the Whammy looks awesome, it's got an oldschool look to it. Plus it's hours of fun ;)
# 17
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/31/2007 8:57 pm
Just not my bag I guess. :rolleyes:

SoundClick Page

# 18
quickfingers
quickfingers
07/31/2007 10:10 pm
no, i have to admit...the wammy pedal looks cheesey as hell. in fact, i didn't even touch one until about 4 months ago. the octavizer is cool if you want to make alot of 'widdly diddly' with very little effort, and of course all the different pitch settings are great, but it really comes in handy because i have yet to find a floyd rose metal-style guitar that feels as good on the fretboard as my Guild does, so the divebomb setting is great for me. alot of the fun of a real whammy guitar without the frustration of a 10 foot-long fretboard and other such characteristics i find displeasing on most ibanez-style guitars.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 19
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/02/2007 5:29 pm
Yeah, I try to avoid any blatantly digital pedals...they just sound thin to me.
Never played a Whammy tho.

My T-rex Replica is ofcourse the exception to the rule...digital delay, but absolutely awesome.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.