View post (SHALL WE STAND ALREADY?!)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/20/2001 10:32 pm
I think the whole bio think is psychological, cos lets face it the number of poeple who've been hurt by it (one person has died, and a 8 have developed symptoms) is less than the number of people who've died in road accidents for example... There is more of psychological aspect to it, than an actaul physical disease, as it's a new threat to people and they're not told the facts...
I dont understand the panic, anthrax is a bacterium and so can be treated by anti-biotics, isn't very contagous (cannot be passed from human to human), and there is a vaccine if the whole thing gets bigger..(the disease is very old, it not something new, it used to be called "wool sorters disease" cos poeple who used to work with sheep got it from them)..
If small pox or some viral disease was used i think i would be the first to worry, cos you cant do anything about a virus when it hits, you can only give speeded up vaccines to try to train the bodies immune system before the illness becomes full blown (that's what they do for rabies anyway), and the majority of the population hasn't been vacinated (as the disease was irradicated back in the late seventies), so you can kiss good ol' herd immunity good bye..

I think you guys should know, I may disagree with what's going on and what your saying, in the end we both want to see the poeple who did this brought to justice (by a fair trail)