View post (The Monkees)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/15/2007 11:11 am
Originally Posted by: WeslabaAny person that plays music and listens to music owes it to themselves to make a trip out of it and go there. It's the greatest place I've ever been to. I spent 2 full days there when I went. It was an awesome and inspiring experience. Its a place where all the greatest an most talented (in different ways) artists can be put into one place where their accomplishments can be viewed by others. It's hard to explain, but I could honestly not imagine not having one around today. Not something I can visit every year, but I surely would if I had the chance. :rolleyes:

I agree with you. I have a very special hatred for the city of Cleveland (I'm from Pittsburgh - it's a very natural rivalry) but I had a blast at the R&R Hall of Fame. It was cool just to see the guitars, the clothes, the lyric sheets...etc. Three things that stick in my mind about that day; one was seeing some handwritten notes from Hunter S. Thompson re: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (see: my screen name!), a suit worn by Muddy Waters (A large man) and a suit worn by Mick Jagger (very, very small man).

I think if you're a fan of the genre, it's worth it to visit. Like Mr. Shlegel, I could care less how wins what award, it's just fun to be see it. Like going to the NFL Hall of Fame. There are people in there I don't agree should be and others not who should. But it's still fun.

And I liked the Monkees. Watched their show every week growing up!
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]