View post (The Monkees)

View thread

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/14/2007 1:35 pm
Very good point, but it's really not all about the awards there. It's more or less to view memorabelia of music greats. They have movie rooms showing old concerts and stuff (Concert for Bangladesh) Other than being inducted, there's really no other award involved. Theres a soundtrack of the indctees music playing constantly while your in there. Everything is about the music, and/or the lives of the people who gave us this music. And come on, how many times do you get to see Jerry Garcia's guitars up close, or the recording gear from the studio Hendrix recorded in, or even MJ's magic loafers! :eek: I agree with you 100% about the awards thing, and how it seems a bit off, but the award is just something that comes with it. They are getting the award basically to tell them that we respect them as artists, and have greatly appreciatd their existence. Right now, yes, it does seem really current these days, but down the road, many of the people would very easiyly be forgotten. I like to think of it as a bulding of music appreciation. They don't put the awards on display do they? Of course not, becauseeverywhere you go its all about the music and the people behind the music. And I really don't want to sound like I'm disagreeing with you, but people have their motives and opinions. :rolleyes:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )