View post (The Monkees)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/14/2007 5:32 am
Originally Posted by: WeslabaAny person that plays music and listens to music owes it to themselves to make a trip out of it and go there.[/quote]

I can't see any value I would personally get visiting such a place. Any inspiration I get from rock & roll artists would be from listening to their music. I am not one for "awards" and "honors" anyway, though.

The concept of a "rock hall of fame" also seems especially strange. I remember seeing Van Halen on their 1984 tour as a kid. Wow! Talk about over the top! Then last year or so one of my old friends told me VH w/ DLR was being honored or given some award or something. Wasn't part of the point (if not most of the point) behind "rock and roll" to be rebellious and against any sort of authority & "crusty old establishments", etc.?

Now they have a grandiose building with pomp and ceremony in which to celebrate their anti-establishment-ism. Hey, if that's want someone wants, by all means, build it and have a blast. I am not against it. I just thought it sounded incongruous.
Originally Posted by: WeslabaIt's the greatest place I've ever been to. I spent 2 full days there when I went. It was an awesome and inspiring experience.

Good deal for you! Sounds like it's your sort of place, then.
[QUOTE=Weslaba]It's hard to explain ...

On the contrary, I think you explained your personal passion for it quite well. :) Good thing it does exist for you and others that enjoy it.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory