play sitting or standing :mad:
Rock & Roll will never die.
# 1
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/12/2007 12:35 am
Well the whole idea behind this brings a few topics into play. The first being strap length. Your strap should be set so that when you're sitting down, its at the same height as when you're standing. Now I know this looks pretty goofy, but I honestly do this myself. Mines set just so that the body of the guitar rests gently on my leg when sitting down. If you have your strap set so your guitar rests at your ankles, then you're going to have trouble playing sitting down. Alright, point being, set your strap so that you only have to learn once. You'll be surprised how difficult it is to play things at two different positions. When I used to have my strap considerably lower, I'd nail a lick, sit down, and then have to re-learn it. Not fun. :( Due to the lack of detail in your question I don't know whether you mean for practice or gigs or what, but definitely be able to sit and stand whenever you want and make sure it has no effect on your playing (strap length) If you want to sit down during ashow, go for it, although in terms of a crowd pleaser... I'd re-think your motives. :rolleyes:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.