View post (what pedal to get???)

View thread

ren
ren
07/11/2007 12:25 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpI use my Vox multi for recording on the puter only...multi-effects ruin a tube amp IMO...I use the effects loop on my amp with analog pedals.

Does depend how you use it I think. I've used mine in the effects loop with the pre-amp stage switched off, so all I got was the effects, no amp emulation. It gives me what I need. I used to use a PODxt Live for recording and on stage, and still have it as a backup in case of pedalboard trouble....

Yeah, it does take away some of the warmth of the tubes I guess but with a bit of EQ I can get the POD to sound the same as my main rig (at least to an audience - maybe not to people who 'know'). Not bad when you think the POD cost less than a 10th of the signal chain I have in its place. Way more versatile too - when I play for other people and have to dial in their 'sound', I can do it faster with a POD patch than I can whirl all the dials on pedals to set 'em up.

Love 'em or hate 'em, for someone new to effects, having the lot in one box has got to be good... right?

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com