View post (VOTE GT Solo June!)

View thread

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
07/29/2007 6:05 am
Originally Posted by: light487
I used to have a program, called CoolEditPro, years ago that was really easy to use... and then the designers broke the usability by making it "better" and "easier" to use.. pffft.. So I was wondering if there is a cheap or free program that you all use to record with.. I was thinking of plugging my active-pickup'ed guitar into a multi-effects box, then from there directly to the microphone jack on the front of my computer.

Will that be a bad idea for some reason? would like to know in case I wreck something.. :) hehe. Then there's the solo backing track.. I need a program that will allow me to basically place the mp3 backing track into a timeline and then hit play/record and record my soloing as I am listening to the mp3 on the timeline. Synching it all up later can be a messy process...

cheap ...easy...comes with Amplitube and Tracktion recording software..it is what I use...I go guitar>multi -effects pedal>stealthplug>usb
go here Stealth Plug nevermind the bad reviews...just tards who don't know jack...works just fine for me --$99
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"