View post (About Forum Changes)

View thread

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/10/2007 3:37 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaNot to be argumentative Jon, but I really don't get where you're coming from. If I understand correctly, you are removing features from the site because new members are joining it who don't know how to use them...or simply don't understand how web sites work (or else are on dial up...which I don't understand, because I'm on dial up and have used the chat quite a few times). So rather than give new members a chance to learn how to use features and let old members keep using them, you just remove them. I don't get it.

If these new members are so concerned about their privacy that they don't want to be on the member's list...why are they using their real names and email addresses as usernames? If they don't want people knowing their names and email addresses, not having them at the top of every post might help. :confused:

As far as the chat, it must have been monitored extremely occasionaly if for the past year you didn't see anybody in there. Maybe for a while people haven't been in there for the same reason as me: they've been busy. But I used to be in there all the time, and I was rarely alone for long.

I've been reading a lot of posting about the topic, and lots of people said that we should get the chat back, newbies included. Exactly one person disagrees.

Granted, that one is the person in charge of the site. But I don't see why the person in charge of the site wants to make the members unhappy, and from what I can see, that seems to be exactly what you're doing.

Amen to that. :rolleyes:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )