overdrive

cdm442
cdm442
07/04/2007 3:04 am
what is a overdive effect
I'm complicated, I get frustrated, right or wrong, love or hate it,I'm complicated, you can't sedate it, I've heard that song, but i won't play it, I'm complicated.-Bon Jovi
# 1
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/04/2007 3:16 am
Basically any blues and/or classic rock tune you hear is under the influence of overdrive. To describe it in simple terms, its a much more subtle form of distortion. Distortion is higher gain and a little smoother sounding. Overdrive on the other hand has a loose and grainy sound with a lot less gain in most cases compared to distortion.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 2
damaged
damaged
07/04/2007 5:19 am
I believe there is a link in the "useful links" thread about this.
"Make money your god and it will plague you like the devil."
# 3
andyng
andyng
07/13/2007 4:04 pm
To start off, an Overdrive effect pedal offers very little tone shaping controls. It’s main duty is to boost your guitar’s input signal, adding that extra punch and dirt to your overall sound. Your guitar signal will also enjoy increased saturation and more sustain. In my opinion, the Ibanez Tube Screamer offers a warmer and rounder tone compared to Boss pedals. I use both the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9DX and the Boss SD-1 in my setup for variation in my guitar sound.

I have a blog which offers you information on the difference between a Overdrive, Fuzz and Distortion pedal. Go to www.guitareffectssecrets.andy-ng.com for more!
Andy Ng is a self taught guitar enthusiast and also a leading expert on the art of building homemade effect pedals. Pick up tips, techniques or just plain guitar talk at his blog!
www.guitareffectssecrets.andy-ng.com
# 4
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/14/2007 2:44 am
Now that were on the subject, anybody have any opinions on this badd larry? ... MI Audio Blues Pro
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.