View post (Books, authors, genres, etc...)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
07/04/2007 12:51 am
Originally Posted by: adevotedone
Finally, I'd love to know the the title of the Creation/Evolution book that you read. I'm getting interested in studying (on personal time) some apologetics, and I'm not sure if I go for a literal 7-day creation, but would love to read some of the evidence both ways. I know enough about Evolution to know that it is impossible as a theory of origins without the Divine Hand, but don't know much about the alternatives. I would suggest Hugh Ross as a resource for you if you are interested in the origins debate, I haven't read him, but I've heard his name quite a bit, and he is very respected (I believe he takes a gap theory perspective)

Well, that's about it. I look forward to comments.
Peace,
Tom

Howdy.

Yes, I am a Christian and Creationist. I read "Origins of Life" by Hugh Ross. I am not a gap theorist supporter for various reasons, but his knowledge and science backing up the fact that life could not have spontaneously arrose from a primordial environment is excellent. He touches base with pretty much everything known to science as a valid theory about the origins of life.

My dad also owns a ton of Peretti books, so I may dig into them eventually.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.