View post (Books, authors, genres, etc...)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
07/02/2007 1:14 am
I enjoy reading, though I hardly ever do it. I enjoyed my high school and college literature classes, so I figured I should start doing it. Books often have an impact on me and make me think. (Well written ones anyways.)

I don't think I've read anything in its entirety since high school, other than a scientific book about Creation vs. Evolution last year (and a bunch of short stories). I really haven't read any novel in its entirety since high school, where we read books such as "A Seperate Peace", "The Great Gatsby", "Of Mice and Men", etc. I enjoyed all of them thoroughly.

So this weekend I picked up a couple. I bought "A Clockwork Orange" (whoever wrote it slips my mind at the moment, but I'm sure we've all heard of it through the movie or book) and "East of Eden" by Steinbeck.

I'm gonna sift through the library soon here and try to find some others. Any recommendations? I like books that make you feel like you've been punched in the gut afterwards, lots of irony and social issues. That type of thing.

What are your favorites and recommend anything you think I should read.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.