DUBstatus recordings up! feedback appreciated

quickfingers
quickfingers
06/29/2007 2:13 am
CLICKAGE

"one good reason" and "red handed" are two of the three demo tracks up on our music page at the moment. for those of you who don't already know/remember, i play in a reggae jam band. we don't take it too seriously, but these recordings are much hotter than our last ones, and i think alot more people will take notice. we're a live band at heart, mainly because of the vast ammounts of improvisation, but we have started to get more structured, lyrical-based songs. the guitar/vox/keyboards are done by me. tell me what you think! ya digg, my niggs?
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/29/2007 10:10 pm
Not what I usually listen to but it sounds good, nice laid back track . I love the use of the sax, guitars drums and vox all sound good to me.
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
06/30/2007 3:20 am
thanks alot. yea, these tracks are less guitar-centered from the last songs we recorded, mainly because we've been doing more vocal work and less guitar wankage. but yea, our live stuff is still pretty full of it.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/01/2007 2:33 am
Sounds awesome. Unfortunately I can't really comment on the sax thanks to a friend of mine. He's basically the best high school sax player in the state of Massachusetts, so its a bit hard to impress me these days. Everything else sounds super. Sadly enough I can't find the attention span to sit here and listen to all of these songs, but I really like "One good reason." The vocals drums and guitar are very well done. Nice guitah solo, not too many or too few notes, and the ones used were chosen well. Nice combo of reggae and jazz by the way. Keep it up.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
07/01/2007 7:17 pm
hahaha, its nice to hear that every once in a while, because 99% of the impressions we get is "WOW! THATS SOME FAWKIN' COOL SAXAPHONE!" which is quite true, but i miss being the center of attention :D
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
07/01/2007 11:06 pm
Ya, well in my side of town, that changes to "Wow, thats some freakin awesome....... saxofone(s)? Wait a minute. Is he playing THREE!!!" :eek: Anyways, this is guitar tricks, we'll screw the sax for now. Credit to yourself. ANd trust me, I know how you feel.

Hmmm... as a matter of fact, the certain sax player I keep bringing up is heading off to McGill next year. You're from Canada... eh? :D
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 6
quickfingers
quickfingers
07/01/2007 11:24 pm
WA...close enough. we're all canadians at heart.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 7
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
07/02/2007 12:23 am
SOunds like you guys are really coming together. Keep it up.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.