Grass Roots Gig Review - INXS - July '07

ren
ren
06/27/2007 2:27 pm
INXS are back!
And proving that fortune favours the brave

It's been ten years since the tragic death of the late great Michael Hutchence and INXS are 18 months into a world tour with new singer, Canadian J D Fortune, like many fans i thought it was an injustice that Fortune got the gig over fellow RockStar INXS competitor, the very talented Marty Casey from Chicago, despite this i headed to the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham to attend the bands second gig on the UK leg of the tour, was i in for a surprise! i was blown away!, Fortune is a charismatic front man with a great voice, the rest of the band were on top form, unsurprising as they've long since earned themselves a reputation as one of the best live acts in the world, the band kicked off with a powerfully energetic attack on Suicide Blonde which instantly had the crowd dancing and singing along before launching a full-scale blues-rock assault on Mystify, then a bunch of classic crowd pleasers, such as, Need You Tonight, Disappear, Never Tear Us Apart, What You Need and New Sensation were effortlessly dispensed with more energy than a nuclear missile, several tracks form current album Switch were also played, including Pretty Vegas, Afterglow, Never Let You Go and Gods Top Ten, the latter being a touching tribute to the late Hutchence. Fortune has a real good rapport with the fans and gave the gig a real party atmosphere, but the reason the gig was such a great success was because all six guys were loving being up there and playing the music, if INXS made a brave choice in selecting their singer, then Fortune does indeed favour the brave.

Gig Rating: Forget 10, this band go ALL the way to 11!!!!

strat-man.

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/06/2007 11:21 pm
GREAT review Strat-man! Sounds like a good show and I just may have to catch them the next time they're around the 'Burgh!
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
strat-man
strat-man
07/07/2007 4:32 pm
Thanks Hunter, yeah they're well worth a watch if you can get along to a gig :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.