sounding messy

polansky
polansky
06/25/2007 3:10 am
Ok... I'm gulty... I don't practice as much as I should but I still have a doubt.

I've been playing form 2 yrs and a half and I'm still getting too much ring out of my playing... in a simple cromatinc run tru my 7 string still geting the other string to ring after I played them.

Been tring to mute them with my palm but I just end up muting the note I'm playing and if I let the string free still get the unwanted sound of other strings.

Any suggestions over this technic? :confused:
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 1
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
06/25/2007 3:47 am
Not too sure, but it sounds like you just need to make sure you're only hitting the string you want to. I kind of have this problem from time to time when learning a run or something, but you just gotta be careful.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 2
ren
ren
06/25/2007 2:20 pm
depends which strings are ringing. you can use your palm on your picking hand to mute the low ones, and I use the side of my index finger to mute the high ones (mostly)...

Just go slower, and mute all unwanted noise the way you find easiest using one or both hands...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 3
dvenetian
dvenetian
06/26/2007 9:29 am
When I ascend from the lower strings, I use the side of my thumb on the pick hand to deaden the last string completed as I ascend to the next string.
When descending from the higher strings, I use the loose fingers on the pick hand to deaden what's completed at first and then introduce part of the palm to deaden the completed strings starting from the third string down with my pinky anchored to the body as to allow my palm a slight angle from the bridge.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.