Track in progress - thrash/prog instrumental

Superhuman
Superhuman
06/21/2007 11:48 pm
Still working on the demo arrangement for this new track... I added some short lead passages - some are repeated towards the end, still looking for inspiration there! Still no bass guitar but the mix is a little improved over the previous version.
There will also be a mid section added with a completely different feel - still working out and practicing the lead parts.
Let me know what you think so far and if anyone has any advice on direction.

Track: First Contact
Or on MP3Unsigned - http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Superhuman(InstrumentalGuitarist).ASP

PS Drums are just a loop for keeping time!
# 1
equator
equator
06/23/2007 9:44 pm
Great track as usual.
I have only good comments on your playing. Loved those sweeps and my favorite phrase was the one around the 1:10 mark, kind of a call-and-response phrase.
My only suggestion would be bringing the rhythm guitars a bit down and let the lead guitar burn our faces.
I made a frequency analysis on your track, ( I hope you don’t mind ) and I think you have to cut the 599Hz when you re-EQ the track.
The right channel goes to the “red zone” at the 3:12 mark, my analyzer says you need to cut 1.1
Awesome skills!
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/24/2007 2:50 pm
Cool, thanks for the feedback - it's always good to get another set of ears on amix. Especially seeing as my engineering skills are lacking! I'll get to work on reducing levels acros the mix and boosting some of the leads or pulling back on the rhythms during the solos. .
Re the 'call and answer' phrasings in that solo, I never thought of it that way but now that you mention it... lol My personal favourite part in this track is the solo starting 2.16 simply becuase of how off the wall it was for me to play. Will change the mix as I add to it, good advice bro, thanks again.
# 3
Koreldyre
Koreldyre
06/24/2007 6:33 pm
very cool leads - to my ears it sounds like it could use a key change or some kind of rhythm evolvement after a while
http://www.myspace.com/jameschinstudio
# 4
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/25/2007 10:51 am
Yeah I agree, I have a mid section in progress that is in a totally different direction - key/tempo and feel. That should help keep things interesting, thanks for the input.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.