View post (Line 6 TonePort UX1 Sample)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
06/21/2007 2:38 am
Well, due to the recomendation of Weslaba, I went ahead and bought a Line 6 TonePort UX1. It arrived today, and I was excited as all get out. This thing is very cool, but is kinda hard for a recording dummy like me to use. I really dig it though. Theres tones of different preset tones and just endless tweaking that you can participate in. I can't wait to get to sit down with some serious time to dedicate to thing so I can learn and tweak.

Heres a little clip I recorded. I use my amp as a monitor because I have no speakers or headphones to use. The amp works but it has an effect on the tone, so it sounds different when recorded. I also didn't do any tweaking on this tone, it was default. The folks at Line 6 are about the worst default tone creators in the universe. A deaf guy could do better.

TonePort

I think this thing is gonna be fun and kill some serious hours of boredom. Its also gonna do wonders for my famously terrible recording quality.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.