Now my ZW Wah died....

HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
06/20/2007 5:20 pm
First I got caught up in the 357 Choppers scam and got ripped off....
Then my Zakk Wylde Overdrive pedal died...
And now, my Zakk Wylde Wah died this past weekend...

These 2 pedals are the only pedals I've ever owned that have died on me. I used to be a huge Zakk fan, now I want to slap the beard off his face. Also, he's from New Jersey but acts all southern........Poser!
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 1
da_ardvark
da_ardvark
06/20/2007 5:30 pm
All I can say is bummer man. Send the pedals to me and I'll try to fix em. I'll not charge for time only for parts and I can let you know in advance what they will be.
# 2
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
06/20/2007 5:57 pm
Originally Posted by: da_ardvarkAll I can say is bummer man. Send the pedals to me and I'll try to fix em. I'll not charge for time only for parts and I can let you know in advance what they will be.

can't ask for any more than that. Cool move Ardvark! +1 for the 'ol Rep.

edit:
whoops. can't give you any more rep points until I spread the stoke.
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
06/20/2007 8:01 pm
You can't blame him like that, his name is on it yes, but he didn't build it nor say whats parts go in it (other than I want this and that depth.) What exactly is wrong with the pedal? Won't enguage or is the rocker pot not working? The only pedal to die on me was my old Boss SD1 distortion box.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
HDJ
HDJ
06/20/2007 10:57 pm
I blame Zakk...... :D

His guitars are overpriced, especially for having EMG's in them. You can slap EMG's into any guitar and they will all sound the same. At least to my ears. His signature speakers are like $300+ each, which is ridiculous. I just have no respect for the man anymore....I think he holds a record or something on having the most signature items...

Thanks ardvark for the offer, but I'll try to fix them myself. May just be a wire that came loose somewhere in the wah. I know the od pedal just needs a new switch. I gave you some rep for that.......

When I fired up my rig this past Friday night at a gig, I didn't get a signal. I traced it back to the wah. Battery was new, so I know that's not the problem. I haven't had time to take it apart to check all the connections. I'll do that tonight and let you all know what I find, if anything.....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
da_ardvark
da_ardvark
06/21/2007 1:54 am
Yea thats cool, fix it yourself thats what I'd do. You just seemed in a "state" (as my dearly departed G-ma would say) that I thought I'd offer. With regard to Zakk, I'd have to say go Zakk go. He's selling a franchise. That franchise is a money machine. As far as this 357 ripoff, I don't know. I'd never heard about it until your post. I did some research and it appears there are two camps.

Zakk knew and profited
Zakk knew nothing

I fall in the latter camp. Scenario: Zakk hires guys to run a web site, guy hired are criminal and do a criminal thing.

I am not a real big Zakk fan mind you. He plays a nice axe. But he's a musician. I hold the site accountable. Just like I hold Willie Nelson's accountant responsible for his not paying taxes.

Good luck with the fx fixing.
# 6
HDJ
HDJ
06/21/2007 3:44 pm
Thanks.....I got my Wah working last night. Wire going to the battery pulled loose. Anyway, I know it's not Zakk's fault for any of the things I have experienced. I was just venting I guess.........BUT, he's still a poser acting all southern! :D
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 7
ren
ren
06/21/2007 3:53 pm
he also (alledgedly...) doesn't play every note attributed to him on recorded material...

We seem to talk about who is the most underrated guitarist... Zakk would be a contender for the most overrated IMO...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 8
Gargy
Gargy
06/21/2007 4:04 pm
Originally Posted by: JFRICK I used to be a huge Zakk fan, now I want to slap the beard off his face. Also, he's from New Jersey but acts all southern........Poser!

1: Zakk Wylde is in my opinion the biggest heavy-metal poser of all time. He isn't nearly as awesome a guitarist as he tries to come off as (Adding pinch-harmonics to every riff you make doesn't make you a shredder). I'm not saying he can't play well or anything, but he sort of flashy. And yes, I can't stand it when yankees act southern (I'm from the south so I know how annoying it is, but they aren't as bad as the snowbirds).

2: I'm not surprised his stuff is junk. Poser electronics from poser musicians, lol.

And fixing stuff like this yourself is a breeze. YOu just need a soldering/desoldering iron and a little patience.
# 9
Gargy
Gargy
06/21/2007 4:09 pm
Originally Posted by: renWe seem to talk about who is the most underrated guitarist... Zakk would be a contender for the most overrated IMO...

Yes! Him, Wes Borland, and the guy from SOAD are my top three. Tom Morello almost beat out the SOAD guy but I sorta like his oddball approach.
# 10
dvenetian
dvenetian
06/21/2007 6:58 pm
Originally Posted by: JFRICK
I blame Zakk...... :D

Me too............... The price tag demands quality..
# 11
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/21/2007 9:37 pm
Wait wait wait! what went wrong with the 357 thing? I read an interview with Zakk about it in 2005, but I never heard anything else here.

What happened?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 12
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
06/21/2007 11:20 pm
If theres one thin I hate about Cry Baby's, its tha when you take out the battery, you need to tug the wires to disconnect those dam metal caps. I'm waiting for either the plastic piece to rip off or the wires to come out on mine. I wish you could just slide in the battery.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 13
HDJ
HDJ
06/22/2007 4:16 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaWait wait wait! what went wrong with the 357 thing? I read an interview with Zakk about it in 2005, but I never heard anything else here.

What happened?

Basically, 357 Choppers offered a "deal" where if you ordered a Zakk Wylde mp3 player and die cast model of Zakk's bike, you got a free Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul guitar. Seemed legit as I knew people that jumped on the same deal the first time it was offered and they actually got what was promised. The 2nd time they offered this, the owner of 357 took everyone's money, shut down the 357 Choppers business and split the country....They kept sending out these messages saying that the guitars had wiring problems, things were on back order, etc......I think if you order something with a credit card, you have 3 months from when it was ordered to report fraud if that's the case....they were eating up the time during those 3 months....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 14
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/23/2007 2:17 pm
thats crazy dude. how much did each oreder amount to? I never read anything about that here..mad. It was probably in all the mags tho, I just havent had money for magazines this year.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
06/23/2007 2:38 pm
Since my wylde overdrive quit working a month after i bought it...i haven't touched another piece of his signature gear.

I was even learly of mxr/Dunlop...but my phase 90 and crybaby have held up fine.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.